Monday, May 2, 2016

A Journey through Scotland's Lowlands & Highlands

By Rhonda Paglia
Photographs by:
 Rhonda & Tony Paglia
NOW AVAILABLE for Kindle:
A Journey Through Scotland: Lowlands & Highlands

My husband and I were so fortunate to travel to Scotland this past September. It was a wonderful trip, full of fun, sites, tastes, music, and history.  We loved every minute!  Even the weather cooperated!  Most of our travel days were sunny and beautiful!  

This trip was even more special for me because I was returning to the land of my Scottish ancestors.  

My grandmother, Laura Findlay Thompson, was 100% Scottish. Although she was born in the United States, her father and mother, my great grandparents, Marion and George Findlay, emigrated from Scotland to the US. My great grandfather worked in the Pennsylvania coal mines until he retired. The family never returned to Scotland, and my grandmother only knew of Scotland through pictures, stories, songs, and letters.  For me to visit Scotland has always been a dream, and now that dream has been fulfilled.

Our Findlay family was part of the Farquharson Clan. I've included the family crest and used the tartan plaid as background on some of the pages.      
Scotlands castles, pipers, border collie demonstration,
parades, feasts, Braveheart, the "Mourning Bridge,"
and so much more!

  So, if you like to travel, then journey along with us as we tour the beautiful Lowlands and Highlands of Scotland!  I hope you enjoy these few preview pictures and pages!  Coming soon!


And as Grandma used to say: 
"Lang may yer lum reek!" 
~Long many your chimney smoke 
~ Live long and be well!












No comments:

Post a Comment