Tuesday, December 30, 2014

From Grammy Pags Stories - Thank You for a great 2014!

Happy New Year from Grammy Pags and the Gang!
Hi Everyone!!
2014 - what a year - what a blast!!

Thanks so much for your kind support of my children's books in 2014.  What a journey!! Your Facebook follows, shares, tweets, retweets, links, pins, and blog shares are so appreciated!!  You have given me encouragement and incentive to write and to continue writing for kids!!  I am most grateful and I'm looking forward to 2015!

In 2009, when I began writing stories for my grandchildren, I never thought I'd be writing for other kids!  If someone would have said, "Oh Grammy, you will be writing books for many kids.  You will read your books in schools and libraries.  You will be signing books, attending writing conferences, and donating money from your book sales to scholarships and nonprofits."  I wouldn't have believed it, but it's all happening and I'm so excited!

I was especially happy to donate another $2500 to the "Angels in Charge" Scholarship from the sale of  The Little Lambs and the Very Special Mission .  This book, my first, was released in 2013.  It is dedicated to the children and teachers of Sandy Hook and the scholarship goes to kids from Newtown High School who are planning a career in education.

This past spring, I had such fun meeting and working with illustrator Ratna Kusuma Halim of Indonesia.  Ratna illustrated Three Little Gnomes and a Boy Named Orion . Though she lives half-way around the world, working with her felt was like living and working in my flower garden, right along with the gnomes.  It was a magical, international, cultural experience for me that I will always treasure!

I met Matt Pi and his rescue dog, Duke, this past summer.  Matt told me about the volunteer work of the Rescue Road Warriors.  They transport abused, unwanted, and abandoned dogs to safe shelters, foster homes, and adopted families.  I was so touched by his story and the message, that I thought others might like it too, so Duke 'n' Matt, Rescue Road Warriors was born.  A portion of all sales helps the work of the Rescue Road Warriors.

The "Meeda and Me" series has been a blast for me.  This summer, my 3-year-old granddaughter, Sofie, introduced me to her imaginary friends, "Meeda" and "the Woozler."  Meeda lives in Sofie's mirror and the Woozler lives in a hole in her backyard.  These characters were such fun that they led to the first 3 books in the "Meeda and Me" series.  All three books include "Look Back in the Book" activities.

This series is for kids 3+.  The books are easy / early readers for kids grades 1 - 3
Grammy Pags & Sofie


  • Book #1 - Meeda and Me introduces Sofia Margaret and her imaginary friend, Meeda.
  • Book #2 - The Woozler introduces the grouchy, old Woozler.  Sofie and Meeda want to be his friend, but he's not interested - well, sort of.
  • Book #3 - Merry Christmas, Woozler - Sofie and Meeda are having fun getting ready for Christmas, when Sofie starts to worry about the Woozler.  He's outside in the cold in his hole under the apple tree.  The girls devise a plan for a little Christmas surprise for him.

What's coming in 2015?
More books in the "Meeda and Me" series.  I will also be releasing a fun ryhyming / rap picture book that teaches kids their colors: "Grammy's Rockin' Color Rap-a-licous Rap"and I plan to release "Doonsey's Beach Adventure, the Great Rescue, Part 2," and maybe a few more surprises!!  Stay tuned!  

Thank you again for your support and encouragement!  
God bless you all!  Happy New Year and here's to 2015!!
Love, Rhonda Paglia of  "Grammy Pags Stories"

Grammy Pag's Website


No comments:

Post a Comment