Monday, March 30, 2015

An interview with "Meeda" of the "Meeda and Me" picture book series

Meeda coming out of her mirror.
"Meeda and Me" - Book #1
"The Woozler" - "Meeda and Me" - Book #2

Hi Meeda, Thanks for doing this interview.  

So what’s it like living in Sofie’s mirror?
Meeda:  It’s great!  I LOVE living there!  My house is HUGE – it has 100 floors!  I have dogs and cats and lots of bunnies in my yard.  There’s a swing set with 11 swings and a sliding board that I can ride up AND down!   

Do you have a family? 
Meeda:  Yes.  I have a Mom and a Dad and a little brother who gets in my stuff, just like Sofie.  My brother's name is Chip. We call him Chipperdoodle or Chocolate Chip! I also have a cat AND a dog!  Sofie just has a cat. 

Do you have a Woozler in your mirror? Oh no, silly!  Woozler’s don’t live in mirrors!  They mostly live in the woods.  Except the Woozler that lives in Sofie’s backyard, well, he moved into the hole under her apple tree.  Sometimes Sofie and I take him treats.  We want to be his friend.  
The Woozler hiding under
his pink blanket.
He’s pretty grumpy and he DOESN’T like people, but we’re still trying to be his friend.  We think he’s shy.

How do you come out of the mirror? 
Meeda:   I have very special secret powers.  I can step in and out of my mirror anytime I want.  It’s fun.  I have two houses – Sofie’s and mine. 

What do you like to do for fun? 
Meeda:  I love to read books and I like to learn things.  Do you know there is an animal called the Bumblebee Bat and another one called the Pink Fairy Armadillo?  I can’t wait to teach Sofie about them.  Pink is Sofie’s favorite color and she loves fairies, so the Pink Fairy Armadillo might be her next favorite animal!!  I also like to sing and dance and do art projects, and work on math problems, of course.  I’m teaching Sofie her numbers and how to skip count.  She’s a really fast learner. 

I hear that the Woozler got you and Sofie in big trouble.  Do you have anything to say about this?   
Meeda:  Well, like I said, we want the Woozler to be our friend.  We know how much he LOVES chocolate, so we left some chocolate treats out by his tree.  Well, he ate those treats and just about everything else he could find too!  He got us in BIG trouble.  I ran back in my mirror because I don’t like to get into trouble, so Sofie had to help clean up the mess.  Yuck! She got a time out.  It wasn’t fun – that old Woozler!

Do you have anything else to say about Sofie or the Woozler? 
Sofie and Meeda
Meeda:  Yes!  I love Sofie.  She’s my best friend.  Sofie is like my little sister!   And everyone should watch out for Woozlers!  If there’s one in YOUR backyard - don’t give him chocolate or you’ll be sorry!

Do you and Sofie have any plans for the summer? 
Meeda:  Yes, first we're going to try to train the Woozler.  Then, we’re going to try to help him find his treasure map AND his treasure.  If we do, we’ll tell you in our next two stories, "How to Train your Woozler without getting in Trouble," and “Treasure Hunt!”

Well, thanks for talking with us today, Meeda. 
Meeda:  !!srelzooW rof tuo hctaw tsuj – emcolew er’uoy

What?  What does that mean?   

Meeda:  Ha, ha – it’s mirror talk!!  It means “You’re welcome - just watch out for Woozlers!!” Bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment